Sunday, April 6, 2014

Post 08: Length check - hair love and Castor oil

I don't like trims

I got my hair trimmed back in December, I had so many split ends! I'm the kinda person that does NOT like seeing my hair leave my head so I've only had two or three trims in these 18 years LOL
You can see how uneven it was before the trim


It obviously looks way better after those rubbish ends were gone



This picture was taken last month (21st March), because my hair was relaxed at the start of December, I already know and can feel all the new growth but it might not be as noticeable in the pic because of the angle it was taken at


Dani's St Lucian hair

Daniella, my hairspiration.
This girl and her long hair is forever making me jel without even doing anything! She's always telling me to ''just use castor oil, it works magic''. 
For those of you that don't know about castor oil, it's an oil-based product made from castor beans and it's said to be extremelyyy good with hair growth and other things. All you do is apply it to your hair regularly, as you would with any other hair product and bam! (Well, it doesn't work instantly but you know what I mean).

I've got the pure Jamaican castor oil that my mum got me when she came back from there but it can also be bought from markets or hair shops, just ask for "castor oil" or "Jamaican castor oil" for the good one. It's quite thick which I personally don't really like about it but that means you only need to use a small amount of it.

Me and Daniella use another castor oil product called Africa's Best Castor Oil, we bought this at a hair shop for £1.49 and all we do is mix it with the original castor oil and apply it to our hair. I should really do this about once/twice a week but I use other hair products too so I don't think it's necessary.


Africa's Best Castor Oil - Hair shop (£1.49)

This product has a sweet scent, it's smooth (if that's the right word to describe it), it gets a bit sticky but that's probably because of the ingredients used to give it that sweet smell (I'm guessing?). It's easy to rub in though and smells like Pineapple KA. Buy it.





I can't find a picture of my castor oil online but it looks a little like this





If you need to know more about it or any other products I post about, just send me an email at:
Fiona.williams96@hotmail.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment