Saturday, June 11, 2016

Post 32: #NandosNetworking

Very overdue post which was written in January after the dinner, but was not posted.

I decided to organise a #NandosNetworking dinner during the Christmas holidays, to meet new like-minded creatives whilst empowering eachother over a cheeky Nandos.
I love networking and meeting new people, I think it's such an important thing to do as you never know who you'll meet or inspire/motivate.
I simply posted information about the event on Twitter and Instagram, and received such an amazing turn out and great feedback from it. I met such lovely, ambitious, hard-working people that night. The night was filled of laughter, empowerment and motivation. We discussed what we do and how we started doing it and I spoke about the Hair Society I started up at University last year.
After we had finished eating, the talking and laughter continued as the conversation started to deepen. We spoke on black power and how black people need to unite & come together more to make a bigger impact. Black people have so much power however society can make our young people think otherwise, causing them to drift off and live lifestyles that they are not destined to live. It's such a shame, but it's down to us to make the changes we want to see. It isn't going to happen by itself, we're improving and creating and I love that.
We left Nandos around 10pm, I had such a good time and I know the others did too. I've already been asked when the next one will be haha, I'd love to organise another one but being at university outside of London makes it a little more difficult. When I do decide to organise it, it'll definitely be bigger and better!











No comments:

Post a Comment