Thursday, May 14, 2015

Post 28: Thin hair - light oils | Levine

Second #ProjectAuNaturale post;

I met the lovely Levine at Natural Hair Week a few days ago and she is now featuring on my blog!








I asked her about the products she uses:


I don’t use many products in my hair, I shampoo with any non-sulphate shampoo (right now I'm testing out Cantu naturals creamy shampoo), and then I do the LOC method for moisture.

This is a texture shot of her hair when it's completely dry.



I work on damp hair and I use Shea Moistures raw Shea butter restorative conditioner, then seal that with coconut oil,  then I add a bit of Shea butter for softness and style!





I know that it's really expensive to get Shea Moisture products in the UK (I/my friends buy a ton load when we’re in America lol) so an alternative is the Cantu leave in repair cream or the Dark and Lovely Amla conditioner.

Also, I would not recommend anyone with thick hair ( mine is quite thin, although I'm a master at disguising it!) to use coconut oil, its way too light!  In the same way, those with thin hair like mine should stick to lighter oils, only heavy oils , e.g olive oil in the winter.

The picture on the right is a twist-out, her #1 fave style!











Levine (left) at Natural Hair Week.. shrinkage!







Tip of the Post:
"Don't over manipulate your hair."

3 comments:

  1. This young lady certainly takes care of her hair. Her dedication and time spent on making sure that she does it the proper way says a lot about her character...Her hair resembles the natural and real person she is > as seen in her photos. I'm a man so I wouldn't use so many products on my hair but I understand its a lady thing so I wouldn't totally get it. I just hope her bed/pillows doesn't get oily cause of the hair products she uses. Otherwise she's beautiful and I love her hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. A lot of time, care and product goes into taking care of natural hair, depending on thickness and texture but she is doing a great job at that! I usually wrap my hair with a silk scarf at night to keep the product away from my pillow and to seal in moisture. It really does work! She really is a lovely girl :)

      Delete