Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Post 20: Natural Hair Week 2014 hosted by NaturalHairDaily

I attended Natural hair week  hosted by @NaturalHairDaily (Instagram). This year it was at Thistle Hotel, Marble arch. Natural Hair Week is a tour of various cities by Elle and Niecey, they went to Birmingham, Manchester and even Leeds before coming back to London. It was such an informative event filled with so much energy, it was really nice being in the presence of so many people just embracing their hair. Desmond Murray, a top hairdresser, did very different styles on his hair models in a matter of minutes and we even witnessed a big chop on a member of the audience by the man himself!

 He did their hair right before the show, here it isss:








There's no way I could style my hair like that by myself, there would be some serious struggle and sweat in the process.. Desmond sure did a great job


NHW introduced something called the Product Swap where you bring your new/nearly new products and swap it.. I picked up all of these, I might just have to do a few product reviews too because the Shea butter conditioner (green tub) is reallly working out for me!


At NHW I had the pleasure of meeting Reyna (right), who moved from New York 20 years ago. I loved her bubbly character and passion for her hair in its natural form. Whilst growing up as a young woman in New York, it was not always seen as acceptable or the norm for black females to wear their hair natural or without a relaxer but she has now grown to love and embrace it throughout the growth process. I will do a separate post on her hair journey!




I also had the pleasure of meeting Andre, I was drawn in by his locs aha. I spoke to him about haircare (which he sure knew a lot about)



No comments:

Post a Comment