Thursday, June 26, 2014

Post 17: Afro Panic

Hey guys,
I know I haven't blogged in a while because I've been a bit lazy but I'm back :)
This post is about the mini panic attack I had when I thought my afro had disappeared 'forever', I did braids as a protective style in June for exam season (I only kept them for two weeks and I was glad I didn't need to stress over my hair) and when I took them out, my hair looked shorter to me.








I lived in the Lauryn Hill hairstyle btw, just saying,

Me being Fiona, I didn't have patience and immediately started panicking thinking I wouldn't see my big hair again LOL but my friend Chloe said all I needed was to moisturise it then just watch it come back to life.

I did just that and OBVIOUSLY, MY 'FRO RETURNEDDD! I started moisturising it really late so ended around 1am.. who would've thought my hair would be making me feel overly happy at that hour





I used the Africa's Best Castor Oil (Review in Post 08), along with the R&B Hair Moisturiser by Lush. I really do love sweet smelling products no matter what they are, these two products were a good combination, they worked well together to give my hair its afro'ness back and restore my happiness. I try not to put tooo many products in my hair all in one go ever since I went to get my hair straightened and the woman said I put way too much (And to think I put 3 different products in right before I went to see her JUST so it wouldn't be dry.. just no winning is there?)
So I part my hair, put a little bit of each at the roots and combed it through.


My re-growth is getting ridiculous and my large eco-styler gel has finished, life of a girl who is 6 months post-relaxer ain't easy ...

No comments:

Post a Comment